Rounding Out Summer With McCall's 7404


Hi

I know that Summer is coming to a very quick end, but I can't help but think about all the things I didn't get around to doing.  I have had project behind project and only managed to get just a simple few done.  Well, I'm sad to say that the nice days of Summer are on their way out and Fall is rolling in with a bang, as usual.

In my mind it will be Spring/ Summer all year round, so I plan to continue making the things I like most and that normally has something to do with heat.  When I first looked at McCall's 7404 and thought it was a very basic looking dress.  I studied the pattern and found that I actually was going to like the finished garment and it was just what I was looking for.  Something easy to put on, easy to make, fast to make, and something that could go with any occasion.  For this pattern I chose View A.  I had a piece of lace and some lining fabric and ...Here's what I came up with/


I love the flow of this dress.  I left the yoke sheer (lace alone) and then used a lining for the rest.




The Review

Pattern Description:  Sleeveless loos-fitting dress.  Has front and back yoke with back neck slit and different skirt variations.

Pattern Sizing: SM-Med.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes, This was a really quick sew.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I love easy patterns that turn out great garments.  Makes me feel like I'm not wasting my time or pulling my hair out from frustration.

Fabric Used:  Lace and poly-lining.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  None.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  Yes, this was a great pattern. Yes.  This pattern could be used as a maternity dress or as a lounge dress.

Conclusion:   I loved this pattern.  It was versatile and easy to do.  I felt that a piping could have been used between the yoke and the skirt part.  I think that would add some interest if you are using solid colors to make this dress.  I also think it would look nice without that piece altogether.

As I stated earlier, If you are expecting a baby, this is the perfect dress for maternity and there wouldn't be a lot of alterations needed to make it work.  I think it is versatile enough to carry sleeves of any type and you could still be cute and in style.  This dress took me a total of 3 hours from pattern cut out, to finding the fabric that I wanted to use, to putting it on.  It was just that fast.

Just because I love this pattern, I have to tell you that this dress is really something.  I don't know if it was the lining or the lace, but it feels like a 60s trapeze dress.  It is the perfect dress for comfort and ease without looking like a Muumuu.  I know I will be making more from this pattern and I don't know where I will let it take me, but Yes, I will be making more of these.

Well, That's all for today.  Thank you for joining me and until next time...

Lots of  Love,
Dellia

Comments