30 Minute Pencil Skirt

 Hi

Are there times when you seem to have either a whole yard of fabric left or maybe just under 1 yard?  Well, I do.  Sometimes I find myself with just enough fabric that I don't want to throw it away, but I don't really know what to do with it.  So, here is what I did with 1 yard of double knit that I had left over from a previous project.

I made a pencil skirt.  It took about 30 minutes to make and I just put on a pair of shoes, a top, and jewelry.
I love how this chiffon top blows with the wind.  The subtle sheerness is going to be a very fashionable statement for wardrobes this year.  The top also has an asymmetrical cut in the back.  Why?  I don't know, but there was something about this top that said "soft".
This skirt is a garment that could be dressed up or down (I will more than likely be wearing flats with it).  It didn't take a lot of fabric and it was quick.  There are a lot of tutorials for pencil skirts and I have tried a lot of them until I found a way to make mine fit me my way and my style.  I may do a quick tutorial later for my skirt, but for right now, I've got a lot of yards to go in order to sew down my leftover stash.

So, if you ever find yourself looking for ways to use 1 yard of fabric or just want a quick cute skirt, think about putting that yard (does great with double knit) to use with a pencil skirt.

Until next time,,,

Lots of Love
Dellia

Comments