Happy New Year Party With Vogue 8870

Happy New Year!!! As I say goodbye to 2013, I want to wish everyone a Happy 2014 filled with love, prosperity, and joy. I am always grateful of each year that I am blessed to see come into fruition. Each year that passes reminds me of the so many blessings that I was given the year before. I still have life, my family, and you. Thank you all for being the best part of my life.

While I was out of commission with physical therapy I decided to get my New Years dress ready to go. Vogue 8870 is a pattern that I have had in my stash for a while, but would always pass it over because out of site means out of mind and this pattern was out of mind. But, I wanted somethings simple and quick to make for an upcoming party. I didn't want to spend a lot of time at the machine and I was not about to go for a lot of flash. So, this pattern stood out to me and I used some fabric that I had gotten as a birthday gift from my Mom.
This holiday season I went with copper, black, and gold.  Shoes are Paprika available Here, and Here.  Purse, jewelry, and scarf by Burlington Coat Factory. Dress by.. Me.

The Review:
This was an awesome pattern.  I loved the fact that the instructions were easy to read and understand.  It was a quick construction and I used a good weight satin.  The pattern calls for Voile, Crepe de Chine, Faille, and Georgette.  I had a piece of Crepe de Chine, but I had other plans for that piece of fabric, so I went with what I had and I just wanted to dive into the fabric my Mom had gotten me for my birthday.  Thank you so much MOM for my birthday gift!!!  I also believe a good Charmeuse or silky type fabric will make up good in this pattern.

I am into the hi-lo design for some reason and that might be why I chose this pattern.  I didn't make any changes/ alterations to the pattern other than the fabric choice.  The sizing was good, I used a medium.  The total construction time was about 4 or 5 hours.  Might have been longer, but I did have to rest my foot some.  And,,,, yes, I wore these shoes.  They were very comfortable ( I thought I would have broken every bone in my leg, but I would like to think I am a pro at walking in heels by now...LOL).  

I hope you enjoyed today's post as I really enjoyed making this dress and the time that we spend together.  I look forward to our next post. Until then,  LOLPOH

Dellia

Comments