Burda Magazine Draped Dress Part 2

Hi

I finally finished the Burda Magazine dress and I am pleased with how it turned out.  I don't really like the way they have it styled in the book because that is not really how the dress will fit. When I left we were working on the shoulder and applying the band pieces.  Here are a few finishing touches photos.
The shoulders have to be joined with the wrong sides facing.  I pressed the seams open and they laid together perfectly.
Once you get the bands set, sew very close to the edge (topstitch) to finish the shoulders and the sleeve section.
This is what the sleeve and should will look like.
This is a fitting on Sarah.  I didn't like how short it was coming up on me.  Tried to think of a way to make it to where it wasn't so short.


Styled the way is was in the article.
Well, I didn't like it styled the way it was in the article, so I made my own style.  If you go by what you see when you're finished, you might be tempted to start all over, but I wanted to see this project to the end.  I am going to give it a 5 thumbs up and say I should have followed my gut and a friend on the color.  Any way, here's how I will be wearing it in the future.





Shoes are from Cicihot.com, jewelry is something from my closet.





I am happy that I went with this pattern.   I did have to make a few alterations on the sides of the skirt once I got is put together.  The only thing I did was tighten it so that it would fit the way it does in the magazine photos.  I used silk fabric and as an after thought I believe this dress would have done more of what I wanted if I had chosen a knit fabric and another color (LOL).  However, I still like this one and I can see another one in the future.

Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time, here I am acting up with my camera guy (my son) dancing to Brittney Spears "Give Me More".

My best Brittney impersonation.

  


   LOLPOH,
  Dellia

Comments