DIY McCall's 6470, Fall Is In The Air

Hi,
As the seasons change and the leaves turn to their many different colors of auburn, I regretfully usher out my warm weather clothes in order to don my boots and sweaters in preparation for the coming cold weather.  I am so sad to see Summer go.  I don't think I have ever liked cold weather.  Snow and ice is just not my picture of a happy "get out and go" lifestyle.

Since the cold is inevitably coming, I thought I would try and bring more of the fall into my wardrobe.  Here is a dress that has the options for a blouse with either short sleeves or long sleeves.  There is an option for a V- neck or a bound neck.  I was debating all of these options when I started this project, but my final decision came down to This.
This was an easy pattern to do.  There were so many options for this pattern until it was hard for me to decide what I wanted to do.  The only thing that I knew was that I did not want a tunic.  The deep pleating at the neck was really what caught my eye.  Even if I had made the V neck and long sleeves, I think this dress would have still been at the top of my fun dresses.

The fabric is a floral 100% Charmeuse Satin which I have had for a few months.  Other fabric picks can be found at Here, Here, and Here.  I also like this pattern as a blouse and I look forward to making a few adjustments to see if it will work for me that way.

I hope you enjoyed todays post, Until next time,  LOLPOH,,, Dellia



Comments