DIY, New Look 0910/ 6224 Review

Hi
Today I want to share a pattern that caught my attention almost as soon as I saw it.  New Look released their new patterns for the Fall a couple of weeks ago and I was really smittened by pattern 6224.  I am a great fan of dresses and anything that looks remotely vintage has my attention from the word go.  This pattern made me feel like I could finally cut my rare charmeuse that I had been holding on to for over a year.  At first sight I could see things coming together and went straight to Hancock Fabrics to get my pattern.

With the excitement of a kid at Christmas, I quickly cut the pattern, read the directions for days, and then laid the pattern out for cutting.  Some how, I could not bring myself to cut my beautiful piece of fabric.  I held on to it for so long until it was not holding on to me. (LOL)  Well, once I got over my attachment to a flat piece of material, I was ok, or at least that was what I told myself.

I meticulously cut the pattern out and very patiently began to put the puzzle pieces together.  The first part was quite easy.  All I had to do was sew darts and begin the gathers.  Ugh!!! I passed that part, but the neck, the neck, oh, the neck.  That neck band took me for a ride for about a week.  Finally I made a tough decision.  Cut the seam on the neck then turn it under for stitching.  Wow, I waited a whole week to figure out why 3 neck bands wouldn't fit the way it was supposed to.  (LOL)  I can laugh at myself now, but it wasn't funny when my beloved charnouse was sitting around the cutting table in shambles.

So, needless to say, I am happy to share my Ah, ha, moment with you and smile at the fact that I can finally wear my dress and my fabric all in one.



The Review

Pattern Description: Misses dress with sleeve options.

Pattern Sizing:  10- 22

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes. 

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were pretty much on point.  They were easy to follow and the illustrations helped a lot.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?  I LOVE the flutter sleeves.  I like that this dress is simple.  There are ways to dress it up, but I prefered to leave mine plain.

Fabric Used: Silk-Charmeuse.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?  Yes.  Yes.  

Conclusion:  The pattern was straight forward which made putting this garment together a breeze.  I think I will do this pattern again, but change the sleeves.  I really like the way the flutter sleeves flow with the winds and this dress, even though it is simple, is very feminine.  The fabric choices keeps it on the girly side.  Dark solid colors will tone down some of the softness in the dress.  Overall, this was a good pattern.

Thank you for viewing today's review,  

Lots of Love and Plenty of Hugs,
Dellia




Comments

  1. Love the dress and your blog. Isn't it funny how you hold on to favorite fabrics afraid to cut into them? I thought I was the only one guilty of that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I believe that some hoarding is allowed. There are so many beautiful fabrics out there now. I just knew that this was the perfect piece of material for this pattern. Thank you for your comment and LOLPOH.

      Delete
    2. Very pretty and well fitting dress!

      Delete
    3. Thank you. The fit is spot on. Easy pattern too.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely adorable! Great job and I love that fabric. I can see why you would be particular about what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana, I really wanted to put that fabric towards something that I would want to wear and this pattern did it for me.

      Delete
  3. Came across your blog through pattern review. This dress is beautiful and looks great on you! The fabric choice is great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you found me. Stop by any time. LOLPOH

      Delete

Post a Comment