Vintage Inspired DIY New Look 6176

Hi
A few weeks back I posted some fabric that I had found at Fabric 101.  When I saw the fabric, I fell in love with it and at the time I didn't know what I was going to do with it.  That question was answered recently with a New Look pattern that I have had in my stash for a couple of weeks.

I wanted a dress that had a vintage feel to it and this was the pattern that I came up with and the yellow dot linen was the perfect fabric to top this pattern off.  I used all linen to make the dress and the white/cream colored neck binding just makes it so inspirational and reminiscent of the 60's.  My children are now teasing me about getting some white boots (that sounds good).  If I was going to wear boots, I might pick these,  this pair is cute, or these.  I'd like to think that this dress was made for a more classier easy going style, so maybe I will go with these, but these shoes are just what the fabric calls for.



I actually like the construction of the dress.  It was fairly simple to put together and wears great.  My only problem is that it is too, short.  I don't normally wear my dresses this short, but I thought I would make an exception with this one.  I really loved the way women looked in the 70's and 60's, to me, this was the era when women could really enjoy lively colors and prints.  The style of this dress reminds me of some of the dresses I used to see my mother wear.  She was really awesome in those days!!!

Thank you for joining me today. until next time, LOLPOH,
Dellia

Comments

Post a Comment