The Little Red Dress, Butterick 5640 DIY

Hi
Today is about my little RED DRESS that almost wasn't.  I like red somewhat, but not as much as I love yellow.  For weeks I had been contemplating this Butterick pattern and yet I had not found the right color or fabric for the project.  Last week I had come to the resolve that I would make the pattern, but what type of fabric to make it in was my delima.

I knew I had some broadcloth, but it was that dreadful red color that I wanted to use for something else.  I actually wanted the fuchsia colored eyelet from the pattern cover.  I have been looking for this color eyelet for a while and for some reason could not find the right shade (Bubble gum pink is not fuchsia).  So, after tossing the red idea around a few times, this is what came out of the "Red" rubble.



This was a great pattern and the dress turned out better than I had hoped.  I wore my strap up sandals today because I want to get every little bit of Summer.  I'm not a big fan of cold weather, so get out and enjoy the sun!!!  LOLPOH
Dellia

Comments

  1. Lovely dress, love the vibrant red fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Levone, This is an awesome wearing dress. I love it.

      Delete

Post a Comment