New Fall Patterns

Hi
Today I am looking over the new Fall patterns from Simplicity and McCall's.  I must say that some of them are design replicas of the recent past, but overall I like some of the new patterns and I mean a lot. Sew, while the sales are on at Joann's and Hancock fabrics, get up and get out so you can get started or get finished adding to your pattern stash.

Both locations are having tremendous sales on patterns and supplies.  Saturday July 20th, Hancock Fabrics is having a 50% off sale on practically everything you could need and the best part is that BURDA patterns are on sale for this one day at $2.49.  Yes, Burda on sale,, highly unheard of, but greatly appreciated.  Don't forget that senior citizens (55+) get a 15% discount off entire purchase on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month.  Plus, there are discount coupons from in store flyers.

Well, anywho,, here's a look at what caught my eye in the pattern department while browsing.  The following patterns are from McCall's.


This group of patterns are from Simplicity.


 I think these patterns are a must for the Fall season and even though there are some patterns that are similar, there are subtle differences i.e. McCall's 6795 and Simplicity 1590.  Both patterns have a peplum design, but M6795 has set in sleeve without the waist ties and S1590 has a raglan sleeve and waist ties.  So, here you have a choice in which pattern would accomplish the desired look that you are going for.  However, I  tend to lean more toward the Simplicity pattern.  I think the open design in the arm hole area would be a comfortable and more casual look (cotton fabric) whereas the M6795 would appear to be more of a blouse (silky fabric), but if I wanted waist ties on it, I would just add them.  Either way you go, be sure to look through the instructions before you buy.  That way you don't end up with a pattern that you aren't going to use either because it has too many pieces or the construction is more than you want to go through at the time.

I  will admit that I have begun one of these patterns,,,,post coming soon...so look out for it and let's get sewing!!!

LOLPOH,,,Dellia

Comments