McCall's 6794 Miss's Top (DIY)

Hi
My post yesterday was for the new patterns for the 2013 Fall season from the 2 major pattern companies, Simplicity and McCall.  As promised, I have one of the McCall's new patterns up for review and I must say,it was easy going.  I used silk to make the blouse and it turned out even better than I had expected.  I can see myself making this pattern again and I love the option of colors and fabrics that it lends itself to. 

Silk was a good way to bring this blouse to life.  I like the sheerness of the fabric because I can wear any color camisole underneath.

The Review 
Pattern Description:  McCall's 6794
Pattern Sizing:  Y (XSM-MED)
Did it look like the photo on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes.
Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes.  
What did you like about the pattern?  The draping of the fabric around the hips and gathers at the waist.
Pattern alterations you made:  I changed the facing on the neck because of the contrasting color used at the waist/belt.
Will you sew it again?  Yes. 
Would you recommend this pattern to others?  Yes.  
Conclusion:  This pattern was kind of easy.   I decided that I wanted the facing on the neck to be on the outside which would match the contrasting band on the waist.  I didnt' do any other alterations with the exception of fabric choice.  What can I say,,,I like going against the grain...;-)

LOLPOH
Dellia

Comments