DIY McCall's 5697 and 4762 Review

Hi,
I am definitely trying to get a few last minute things done before school starts back.  It seems as if school just got out a few days ago and now it's time to start back again.  The end of my last week was stressful (my son had to go to the dentist) and this week is not going any better.  I did, however, manage to fit a few things in for my baby girl.

I have 2 reviews to give today because I made 2 separate pieces from 2 different patterns.  I wanted to make it easy for my little girl to put her little outfits together, so I chose 1 complete piece of material and made it work.  She was beaming when she saw the final outfit and then she told me that she looked like a business lady going to school..LOL 

The first is a girl's jacket from McCall's and then the skirt is also from McCall's.  I thought the two would make a darling pair and I was right. 
She couldn't wait to try it on,,so no buttons yet.

When I saw view A a couple of weeks ago, I knew I had to make some type of suit for my little girl.  This little adds the perfect touch to any outfit.  I loved the look of the long sleeves with a short jacket looked for cooler days in the Fall which is why I picked this pattern to be my one indulgence for little missy this season.


Here she is all dolled up with no particular place to go.
Suit made by MOM and the blouse is from JCPenny. 
I added some knit shorts to her skort. (M4762)

Pattern Description:  Children's Jacket (M5697) and Girl's Coordinates (M4762)

Pattern Sizing:  M5697: 7-14,  M4762: 7-12.  I cut size 12 from both patterns

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? With M5697, I liked the way the jacket makes a little girl look like a little girl.  It was very cute and had several different options.  Pattern M4762 was just so easy to make.  I didn't have to strain to make it and it didn't take a lot of material.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made  None.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes and Yes. M4762 was really easy.  It took about an hour to start/finish.  The jacket took a little longer, but it was a nice piece to add to her collection.


Conclusion: I loved both patterns, if I had to choose between the two, I don't think I could because they were both great.....LOVE IT!!!!


Thank you for viewing. LOLPOH,,,,Dellia

Comments