New Look A6096 (DIY) Pattern Review

Patttern Review NEW LOOK 6096

This was an interesting piece to make.  I've had the pattern for several months and I desperately wanted something to wear for the up coming vacation month of July.  First I couldn't find the right fabric in my stash and then I remember that I had just the right piece.  The fabric that I was going to make my kitchen curtains out of is now something that I will love to wear.  Let's see how it turned out.












The Review 


Pattern Description:  NewLook  A6096
Pattern Sizing:  4- 16
Did it look like the photo on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes.
Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes
What did you particularly like about the pattern?  It was easy and quick.
Pattern alterations you made:  I wanted to have longer sleeves so I added an inch in fabric and then used an in of black for the casing casing .
Will you sew it again?  Yes. I want the long sleeved one for the fall.
Would you recommend this pattern to others?  Yes.  
Conclusion:  I like this pattern because it was an easy wardrobe builder for Summer.  I think it would look great in a knit fabric, but I used cotton with a sheer overlay.  I think this pattern is something that can change with any person's style.  A blouse could be made from this pattern and changing the sleeves was something that I had thought about more than once.  I really love New Look patterns.  The instructions are easy to follow.

Comments