DIY,,Simplicity 2188

Hi
Today I was right in the middle of putting together a wardrobe pattern that I had been wanting to make, as a set, for quite some time.  I didn't realize when I bought the fabric that I used today that I would be using it for this set and originally purchased it for a nice pair of slacks.  Needless to say, I got started on Simplicity 2188 with only 2 yards of fabric.  Luckily for me my thoughts are telling me to finish with a black knit fabric on the vest for a light Summer vest and a lt. broadcloth or something silky for the top.



The skirt from this pattern is really easy and I like the casing a lot.  It gives the skirt a finished look.  I'm not able to get to the vest just yet, but I will get around to it very shortly.  The skirt is something that you can easily make 3 or 4 of in one day.  It took about 30 minutes to complete from start to hem.  The pattern suggests using Poplin, Pique, Twill, all heavier type fabrics, but I think this would look awesome in a printed Charmouse, Chiffon, or Crepe (lt. weight fabrics).  I noticed that the sizing was from XXS TO XXL.  The sizing is very important with this pattern because if you normally wear a 14, which I do, you will be making a M (medium).  Yes, I was shocked until I measured myself, measured the pattern, then started sewing.  Take the back instructions serious when it tells you your size because you don't want to over shoot the sizing and waste material.  I also suggest that if you are using a stretchy material (pique knit, sateen) check the size chart and adjust before you cut.  This will save you in the long run.  Remember, with this pattern, Check, Check, and CHECK.

Hope you enjoyed today's quick review,,,Lots of Love and Plenty of Hugs,,,,Dellia

Comments