Ivory Sundress

Happy Wednesday Review Day,

Today I have a simple ivory sundress.  The pattern used for this review is the New Look WorkRoom A6207.
I used a soft ivory knit fabric.  The dress was easy to make and I chose the longer version instead of the one with the sides longer that the middle.  I had fun making it and have a few more in mind for some different types of fabric.  

Front
  
  
  

Back
Pockets were not a part of the pattern, but I felt like this dress needed some pockets so I added them.




                   
The neck in the front
The Review 

Pattern Description:  NewLook Workroom A6207

Pattern Sizing:  6- 16

Did it look like the photo on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?  Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?  Yes, for me they were easy, but the neck might would cause some newbies to rethink sewing all together. 

What did you particularly like about the pattern?  It was easy and quick.  I made it in about 3 hours from start to finish.

Pattern alterations you made:  I added pockets, serged the bottom and turned it under once for the hem.

Will you sew it again?  Maybe once more.

Would you recommend this pattern to others?  Yes. 

Conclusion:  I actually like the pattern because it was simple.  I think it could be made with a really soft cotton fabric as well as knits to have a strong flowing effect.  The drape on the dress is so sexy and carefree.  It has a bohemian feel to it.  I love it.

If you like flowing dresses this is the pattern to try.   Dellia

Comments